Ford rally car for sale – Would make an excellent starter rally car!
Brand new build from a road car by RDR Motorsport completed November 2013 – Used on just one rally since which it completed, placing 4th/12 in class A! Vehicle is in pristine Condition with a massive spec and customisation list. This has been built without compromise as a starter rally car for a customer who has since decided not to pursue a career in motorsport. We have built the shell to full Ford Motorsport KA championship spec including all strengthening and safety modifications. The attention to detail on this build was 2nd to none and we are confident there will not be any cleaner, better built rally cars at this entry level price point! Must be seen to be appreciated. MSA logbooked and ready to go with a large spares package and many wheels and tyres.
Quick video of the car in action!
SORRY CAR NOW SOLD – we can build you a similar car, call to discuss
Rally car specification
Full works spec ford ka championship engine with:
– Ford motorsport high compression head – ported & polished, Ford racing cam, ford motorsport tubular exhaust manifold, RDR Motorsport custom racing exhaust system with sliding joints, uprated fuel injection with puma throttle body & adapter plate, cone air filter (retains MAF sensor), silicon ignition leads, Ford racing ecu (revision 2), high pressure fuel setup including Walbro high pressure/high capacity pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator (rolling road tuned), modified water system to allow an additional water temp gauge. Alloy oil catch tank, boot-mounted RMD-25 (20 a/h) sealed racing battery. Lightened & balanced flywheel, RDR Motorsport 6 paddle cerametallic clutch (sprung) & tightened pressure plate.
Transmission & running gear
– RDR Motorsport re-built Ford puma close ratio ib5 gearbox (1 event old)
– Ford motorsport crown wheel and pinion – 4.6:1 ratio (1 event old)
– high ratio steering rack (non PAS)
– new & strengthened bottom arms
– new droplinks
– refurbed anti-roll bar
– re-furbished & strenghtened cross members
– Fully polly bushed with superflex purple kit – including the rear axle bushes.
– New hub bearings all round (1 event old)
– Wide tracked rear axle with ford motorsport 22mm spacers each side.
– wide tracked front with machined alloy front hub spacers (4×108 16mm each side)
– Group A style wheel studs and nuts conversion
– Gmax uprated tarmac suspension
– Ford puma sport 1.7 front brake calipers & discs
– uprated servo & master cylinder from 1.7 puma
– Split dual circuit brake system with F/R bias (cockpit adjustable)
– Aeroquip brake lines and RMD fittings throughout (lines run inside the car)
– Mintex racing front brake pads and mintex rear brake shoes
– refurbed rear drums with new cylinders
– Fly-off hydraulic handbrake
– Fully seam welded shell including strengthening and bracing to ford ka championship spec.
– Lightweight shell with excess steelwork removed, soundproof coating removed and lightened hinged panels.
– Re-inforced sill stand points enabling professional sill stand use (20mm stand pin).
– Strengthened engine mounts
– Genuine Ford Motorsport rally ka wide arch kit
– High quality polyurethane mud flaps with alloy brackets
– Works spec steel bonnet with cooling
– Quick release bonnet & tailgate
– Ford Motorsport works spec bolt in roll cage (safety devices)
– Lightweight doors with custom fire-proof plastic door cards
– Custom fire-proof plastic footwell covers/protectors
– Custom sump and tank guards – all quick release – sump guard has a re-inforced chassis plate and front mount bar.
– Carbon quick release/easy access fuel pump cover
– Glass all round (safety filmed)
– Ford Arctic white exterior paintwork with base orange 2nd colour
– Steel grey metallic interior colour with clear coat
Interior & safety
– Ford Racing Sparco bucket seats (not indate but worth good money to the enthusiast)
– Titon 3″ FIA 6 point harnesses (in date till end of 2018)
– Peltor FMT100 intercom – hardwired with dash switch (no batteries required)
– Sparco competition steering wheel
– RMD steering wheel boss/extension
– Ford racing gearknob
– Flocked dash
– Carbon quick release centre dash/switch panel
– Stack gauges – Rev counter with data logging, Oil pressure (psi), water temp (degrees C)
– Fully working interior heater – including screen heater
– Custom alloy co-drivers footrest pre-wired for horn, washers and trip reset
– Mechanical plumbed in extinguisher (fully charged)
– hand held extinguisher (fully charged)
– FIA Autolec electric cut out switch fitted
– All safety kit required for scrutineering including oil spill kit
– HID xenon side/dip beam – 4300K with waterproof ballasts
– PIAA main beam bulbs
– mountings for lamp pod on the bonnet along with dash switches
Comes with a whole bunch of spares including; complete std engine, x4 suspension legs, standard gearbox, servo & cylinder, inlet manifold & injectors, x2 bottom arms, spare ford motorsport ECU (rev 1), standard ecu, spare wheel bearings, brake pads, fuel pump, std radiator, std steering rack.
comes with the following wheels and tyres:
x4 13″ ford rims – with inters (worn)
x8 14″ ford rims – with slicks (4 brand new, 4 used)
x4 14″ ford rims – with road tyres (used – for road use/MOT)
x4 13″ forest tyres – no rims
Thanks for looking! If you are interested in this vehicle contact us for further information. Viewing available 7 days a week by appointment only.